Monday, September 30, 2013

Into the Void

So, I decided I definitely could not wait even another day to start this novel.

The idea was rattling around in my head so much I just had to open a Word doc and start. Man did it flow! It felt good too. After such a long break from writing anything new it was like coming home again. I was more ready than I thought. All it takes is a good idea I guess. I'm at almost 5,000 words and paused for now. I was hoping to reach 5,000 so I may take one more trip into novel-world before the day is officially over.

I titled this post the way I did for a reason. The way I write, it really is like throwing yourself into some chasm with no visible bottom. You dive in and you don't reach the bottom and head back up to surface until you're completely done with what you went in for. Or until you're genuinely suffocating. That's called failure though, and I don't want to talk about that just now.

So, I'm in the void now. Its coming along so far. The inspiration is all there at my fingertips. I can feel the creativity flowing. We'll see how I feel in a week or so, but I can't see how I'll be unable to write less than half of what I did earlier every day from now on. My pacing is fast because I read in No Plot? No Problem! that the second week is the hardest. I want to get ahead early so if I do hit that wall, the caffeine and cojones will get me through.

For now, though, its all flowing. Here's to the present, its all we have!

In Earnest,

- Adam King -

No comments:

Post a Comment